Well…2017 was on of the hardest years of my life.
I had a lot of positive things happen like Matt Damon Improv, Sketch Shows, Running, LatinX, creating and producing art, seeing the Backstreet Boys and creating a beautiful family. I had a lot of awful things happen like being laid off, another job not working out, 45, microaggressions, a break up, mental health issues, and a few other things I’ve blocked out, but will come out in therapy.
For those who’ve stuck around, I am so thankful you did; especially when I didn’t want to be around myself or anyone. I am still a work in progress, and while everyone makes resolutions, I am out here in 2018 making goals- 18 of them. Goals, measurable goals, are easier to accomplish than resolutions that give off a January only type of feel. With these goals, and anything I am doing, if it doesn’t fulfill me mentally, physically, emotionally, or spiritually, then I don’t want to do it.
Here are those 18 Goals
- Post at least once a week on my blog
- Run 6 races; including a marathon!
- Read 12 books
- Run 730 Miles
- Increase fluency in Spanish
- Perform a one-woman show
- Learn the guitar
- Reach goal weight
- Learn to ride a bike
- Visit three new places
- Practice self-care every day (meditations, bubble baths, affirmations)
- Work-out 4-5 times a week
- Find a source of income that makes me happy
- Find a partner that makes me happy and encourages me, but is not my whole world. Just a part of it.
- Declutter my home/lie
- Complete two notebooks of poems/short stories
- Volunteer at least once a month with charities that appeal to women and/or POCs/WOCs
- Kiss as the snow falls
Here’s to 2018.
2 thoughts on “2018 Goals That I’m Making Public So I’m Held Accountable”
I love your goals, and your intentions of doing things that are fulfilling for your life, rather than depleting. Thank-you for sharing them, and all the best for 2018!
Thank you for the kind words!
LikeLiked by 1 person